Nov 23, 2017 Latest post:
Nov 30, 2017
October 12, 2017 our beautiful daughter, Kelsi Brooke, was 21 years old and 9 months pregnant with a baby boy.
She was in a shed type area located in the backyard of the home where she was staying. I had texted her that morning teasing her a little about the due date of her baby. She read the message but had not replied yet. She was preparing her baby needs for her soon visit to the hospital to deliver. She was washing baby clothes, as the shed had a washer, dryer and hot water heater.
She had been on the phone with someone and told them that there was a bad smell in the shed. Upon investigating around, she did not realize that the smell was Gas coming from a leak from the hot water heater. To rid the smell she sprayed air freshener in the air and lit a candle. This caused an explosion.
She did manage to run out of the shed and into the main house for help. She was air lifted to the local burn unit.
Her baby was immediately delivered C section. And he was healthy and beautiful. After delivery, The Doctors then began to work on Kelsi. We learn that she has 80% burns on her body. Mostly 3rd degree and possibly 4th degree on her back. We only thought we knew how bad this was. The Doctor told us, ‘Its as bad as it can be’. And then, it was nothing short of a nightmare, that began.