On Saturday May 6, 2017 Leighton severely burnt his right foot/leg on our acreage. We had been burning in our burn hole out back in the later morning/early afternoon hours that beautiful day. The fire had been done burning for 2-3 hours when Mark and Leighton began putting more wood into the hole for the next burn in the future. They were done hauling stuff so Mark went into the barn to grab some more wood while Leighton was picking up some sticks. Leighton walked down into the burn hole (Mark dug it out with his skid loader) and decided they had to be in the back of the hole so he stepped on a board which shifted, causing his right foot to fall into the water\ash mix at the bottom of the hole and was burned instantly. We tried our very best to put his foot/leg into cool water in the bathtub right away. The burn went from bad to worse within minutes and we then rushed him to Sioux Falls with a soaking wet cold towel and lavender on it constantly. Monday, Leighton had his first debreding, and we can tell you, it was the most painful thing Leighton has ever experienced, and the most painful thing we as parents have ever experienced. The pain medication that Leighton is on just clearly was not enough. We cannot express how absolutely horrific a burn is and how hard it is to see your child go through that pain. We ask for many prayers for less pain and fast healing for Leighton!!