On October 4, about an hour and a half after meeting her baby sister Tessa for the very first time, we had an accident at our house. There was a hot mug of tea on the table and Lauren pulled it down onto herself. The tea was very hot and Lauren got badly burned. We rushed her to the emergency room, and she was admitted to the pediatric ICU.
The burns are the worst where the tea initially hit her, on her chest, shoulders, and biceps. She is also burned on her neck, cheeks, chin, and belly. Her back and below her elbows and belly button is all OK.
We will post journal entries on the site to keep you all up to date on Lauren’s care. Thank you for your support, prayers, and good vibes. Sending love from the Moline Crew!