Kristi Nasby

First post: Aug 28, 2018 Latest post: Aug 27, 2019
On Friday August 24th, Kristi started to feel like she was coming down with something so she went to bed early. On Saturday morning when she woke up, she still did not feel great- nausea, slight fever, headache, backache, etc. That afternoon we started to move our oldest son, Jack, into the University of St. Thomas. Kristi still insisted on helping out with move but started to feel a little worse with some tingling in left arm and some slight chest discomfort. So after a quick visit to the Urgent Care, we went over to the Fairview Southdale ER. At that time the doctors did an EKG, a chest x-ray, blood work, and a chest CT scan. All tests came back negative. We went home and Kristi took it easy and went to bed. On Sunday August 26, Kristi woke up early with some dizziness and a 103+ temperature so went to back the ER for the second time in 12+ hours. At this visit, they did more blood work and a Spinal Tap/Lumbar puncture. That test showed some elevated white blood counts. The thought at this time was possible viral meningitis. The ER discharged Kristi with antibiotics and medication for dizziness and nausea. The ER wanted to have Kristi follow up with her primary doctor on Monday morning which we did. At this time, Kristi's  doctor noticed that her balance and cognitive skills were off and after reviewing the ER test results from the weekend, she ordered ordered a MRI on the brain. We went straight from the doctor's office to the MRI. Kristi was shaking and very unsteady. Kristi is normally very claustrophobic but she handled the MRI well. We went home surrounded by family members and friends waiting for the results. A few hours later, the doctor called and the MRI was negative as well so we thought everything was going to be fine. At that point, Kristi really started to decline and it was agreed by all that we go back for the third time to the ER with the feeling that we have to get Kristi admitted which we did. While we were waiting for a room on the 8th floor, Kristi seemed to really decline even more. After consulting with the Hospitalist and family members,  we decided even though there could be a risk transporting Kristi to another hospital, that the University of Minnesota Neuro/Surgical ICU would be the best option for Kristi with her current condition. Kristi was transported by ambulance around 12:30am on Tuesday August 28th from FS to the U of M Hospital. Kristi's sister, Sue, and I went down to the U of M Hospital at that time and talked to a neurologist as Kristi was arriving. She alerted us that the paramedics said that Kristi's health had even deteriorated more on the fairly short commute. Kristi is now at the UofM Hospital. Please keep Kristi and our family in your thoughts and prayers. No visitors are allowed at this time. Thank you for your understanding. We will be updating you on Kristi's progress.

CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Kristi’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register