We would like to try our best to keep everyone up-to-date on Khyler's journey here at Omaha Children's Hospital. We came here last Tuesday for a GI consult....he was immediately admitted and starting going thru an array of GI and cardiac testing. We learned after his echo that his ventricular septal defect (VSD) had gotten worse since diagnosed in NICU and the other two (less severe) defects, atrial septal defect (ASD) and patent ductus arteriosis (PDA) were still present. Optimally, they wanted to discharge us to allow Khyler time (few weeks) to gain more weight as he was only a little over 9 lbs. This would have improved surgery risks and also improved recovery if he could have been a bit bigger. Unfortunately, they felt it was more risk to wait, based on his worsening cardiac condition, than giving him this time to gain weight....open-heart surgery scheduled Tuesday 4/26/16 @ 7am.