This is the narrative of my Father. His most recent Health issue is an ulcerated angiosarcoma on the left inner thigh. the site was a former Cancer that was treated by radiation that caused this cancer.
We rented 2 hotel rooms for a week in Champaign Illinois, One for my Dad so he could make the appointments an surgery on time and convalesce, so he wouldn't have to leave straight from the hospital, The other room for my wife, myself and our 2 year old.
Our two year old Hidayah very much enjoyed the adjacent connected rooms as she could come and see Bah-Paw (Grandpa) when ever she wanted.
He had surgery on Wednesday February 7th.
He made it through general anesthesia ( no small feat as his kidneys are at 12%), Masha Allah;
The surgery was successful MashaAllah ( waiting on the pathology to confirm this In Shaa Allah)
He was discharged on February 9th
My wife Paola drove my Dad , myself and my Toddler on February 10th, 300 plus miles through the winter scape to Cedar Falls Iowa.
Yusuf Shehata a neighbor and friend. MashaAllah cleaned the driveway and side walk of maybe 8 inches of snowfall for us so we could navigate my Dad ( with considerable difficulty) up 3 steps and into the house.
1) Cleaning wound with soap and water ( once daily for as long as suture has discharge)
2) Replacing fresh gauze ( once daily for as long as suture has discharge)
3) Emptying and recording drain data ( multiple times a day)
4) Cutting and removing drain sutures, and removing drain ( one week after discharge, February 16th)
Obstacles: My had gets medicare and the additional part is health alliance ( illinois based)
1) We are in iowa so health Allaince will not:
a) handle copays
b) pay for physical therapy
2) His drain need to be removed in week. I will do it as we cannot drive for 5 to 7 hours each way for the drain
3) Surgical follow up in 3 weeks ( yet to figure this out)
We will plan to and are working on getting him (in Shaa Allah):
1) Physical Therapy for his leg movement, stairs walking and balance
2) Renting the other side of our duplex , once his drain is removed, and is safe for him to be alone
3) Power Recliner to help him stand from a sitting position
We have gotten him already or have ordered him:
1) Toilet handle bars ( here)
2) Shower Chair (here)
3) AdirMed Height Adjustable Bed Rail - Bed Assist Handle- with Storage Pouch (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V8IZNXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
) (expected Feb 14th)
4) Medical Convenient Two-Handle Walking Cane Lightweight Walking Stick with Adjustable LED Lights and Stable Quad Cane Base (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y336YBP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
)(expected Feb 14th)
5) Bed Ladder Assist by Vive - Sit-Up Bed Assist Handle - Rope Ladder for Sitting Up In Bed - Pull Up Hoist for Elderly, Senior, Injury Recovery Patients and Pregnant Women - 3 Padded Hand Grips (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07215NF33/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
)l (expected Feb 14th)
6)Stander CarCaddie - Automotive Standing Aid and Adjustable Safety Vehicle Support Handle Portable Nylon Car Assist Device (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GUDGUU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
)(expected Feb 14th)
I will soon get my Dads dimensions so my Sister Yasmeen can order difficulty in movement clothing
Please Pray and make Dua for him/us.