Nov 27, 2021 Latest post:
Sep 27, 2022
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.
As many of you all ready know and maybe some don’t, allow me to give you Kenn’s story. Back in March he started a COLD then it seemed more like spring allergies. As symptoms worsened he saw his Dr (June) and it was thought he was feeling ill due to a medicine so they changed it. Well July came and so no improvement so a X-ray was done and it was said pneumonia. So with antibiotics and steroids he had a little improvement but dr still was concerned about the short of breath. So he ordered a lung function test and a referral to a pulmonary dr following the test. Due to Covid that was gonna be weeks! So while waiting in aug. symptoms worsened so another X-ray and the same results although the X-ray was some worse than last one. So again antibiotics and steroids and again a little improvement and still waiting for the lung test to get to pulmonary. Finally the lung test happened in Sept. and needless to say at 48% he failed. Finally in October we got to the pulmonary office. That was a hard day! Kenn had hopes of getting rid of the pneumonia, instead we were informed that he very likely has a lung disease and a rare form. So a CT scan was ordered and a referral to UofM. In the meantime the Dr recommended him on a high dose of steroids to help reduce swelling, well he ended up with a sever rash and in the er. So it was then he was given the choice to stay and get steroids thru IV and much higher or go home and try a different one the next day from the dr. He chose to stay and got huge and fast relief from the lung symptoms the disease was causing. When scan came and confirmed as what she had feared but still wanted that second opinion. So later in the month we went. And they called a week after the appointment with them as they said they would after they had the team Drs mtg. And said again it’s the disease that was said. Unfortunately it’s very aggressive, and it’s not something that can be stopped nor reversed. So they have two meds that has been successful with SLOWING the disease. We are at the moment waiting for that approval and maybe some grant help. If not… well let’s hope we don’t get that!!! These meds are 11 and 17 thousand a MONTH! Yikes.
So at this point we wanna say THANKS for all the support and prayers and we will take all that can be rounded up from any and all!
This site has a spot about a 30$ monthly donation, that’s for the site not Kenn!