Judy Morrison

First post: Dec 16, 2016 Latest post: Mar 2, 2017

Timeline of events:

Tues, Jan. 17, 2017
Judy begins radiation treatment.  Father-in-law Harry G.  Morrison passes away

Monday, Jan. 9, 2017
Judy turns 61 today! Judy and Dennis return to Houston for further  consultation. 

Monday, Jan. 2, 2017
Judy is back in Houston for her post surgical follow-up exam with Dr. Weinberg. He says her incision has healed nicely and her case is being turned over to the treatment team composed of a neuro-oncologist and neuro-radiologist, Dennis and Judy consult with both doctors to put together a treatment plan. 

Sunday, Dec. 25, 2016
Merry Christmas! Judy and Dennis fly home. 

Friday, Dec. 23, 2016
Dr. Weinberg caught up with Judy walking the halls and tells her she's doing so well that he's going to discharge her.   Judy is released from the hospital under the guidelines to stay in the area for the next 24 hours. 

Wednesday, Dec, 2016
Craniotomy  performed by Jeffery Weinberg M.D.  The surgery lasts 5 hours, Dr. Weinberg successfully removes the primary tumor and debulks visual debris.  A "fuzzy mass" along the optic nerve alone is left alone to protect vision. (I'll try to update this with more precise language after I get the opportunity to read  histology reports).

-Judy wakes from surgery and seems to be her happy self. She passes all of her post-surgical assessments without any apparent deficits and is cleared to enjoy a seafood dinner. 

Thursday Dec, 2016 
Jeffery Weinberg M.D.  professor and director of training in the department of  neurosurgery at M.D. Anderson meets with Judy and determines that a craniotomy  to remove and debulk tumor(s) to be the best course of action.

-U.S Navy grants Judy's son, Kenneth, permission for emergency leave.  Both her son and daughter arrive in Houston, TX to support her.

-Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday Dec. 21
Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2016
Judy and Dennis arrive in Houston

Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2016
Judy and Dennis drove to Owensboro, KY for consult with neurologist #2.  Dennis felt things were moving too fast with not enough information and  made the decision to have Mom's case transferred to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. TX .

Monday, Dec, 12, 2016
Follow up MRI with neurologist #1 revealed an aggressive growing tumor requiring surgery within the next couple of days and that the standard of care would require radiation and chemotherapy treatment. Neurologist #1 chose to pass Judy's case onto the senior partner in his practice. 

Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016
Judy went to her primary care physician with complaints of on going headaches and high blood pressure. An on site CT scan revealed a brain bleed , information at the time was inconclusive and family was lead to believe the situation presented as best case scenario stroke, possibly related to high cholesterol.  The neurologist indicated that there was swelling at the site of the bleed and that after the blood was absorbed he'd be able to get a better visual on the area in question.

CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Judy’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register