Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting. We are using GoFundMe for those that feel they would want to personally donate.
To see Joshua, you can view him on his live web cam at https://www.nicview.net.
) The user name is: orangekangaroo4557 and the password is: 4Sx$#7Jw$ He is already a movie star :-)
Joshua David Wielenberg is an incredible child that was ready to meet Mom and Dad at 34 weeks. He was born at 2:56am on Friday, June 16, 2017. During the pregnancy there were indications that Joshua may need some assistance at birth. As such, we had just made the decision with the doctors to deliver at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota that Monday. Stephanie's water broke at 3:15am on Thursday morning with started the eventful day.
Joshua has a few things that need some repair. These are not listed in any particular order.
1. Two small hernias- Repaired 6/18/2017 and healing. Praise God!
2. Twisted intestines- Repaired 6/18/2017 and healing. Praise God!
3. The esophagus is connected to the airway allowing secretion into the lungs.- Surgery is scheduled for Thursday 6/22/17 at 11:15am. Updated 6/22/2017 Repaired with surgery and healing. Praise God!
4. Appendix removed due to a high risk of busting later on in life- Removed 6/18/2017 and healing. Praise God!
5. The esophagus is not connected to the stomach. A gastric feeding tube was put in place on the first surgery and they may start using it after his surgery on Thursday. The two ends of the tubs must be positioned so they can grow together over time for a surgery to connect them. This is the issue that would keep Joshua in the hospital for months.
6. He has unusual branching pattern in his left lung- This is observed and not more than an anatomical anomaly with no effect on his quality of breathing.
7. Brain- They have an MRI scheduled for today at 5:00pm 6/20/2017 to further evaluate his brain. Updated 6/21/2017. MRI results are perfect, his brain is healthy with no issues. Praise the Lord!
8. His heart has a small mummer but this is to be expected until a valve closes in the heart after birth- They will do further ultrasounds on the heart afte the valve closes in the next few days.
9. His right ear is smaller than his left ear- They will schedule audio testing to verify full operation of his ear.
10. Jaundice- They treated him with a billy ray light and removed it 6/20/2017 at 12:30pm. Praise God!
11. Breathing tube since he arrived.