Jonathan Watson Jonathan Watson‘s Journey

First post: Feb 2, 2020 Latest post: Feb 5, 2020
On January 18, 2020, Jonathan Watson fell seriously ill from Influenza B and a bacterial blood infection, Strep A while on a business trip in Europe.   His survival of this illness up to this point, and multiple surgeries afterward were the first of many miracles for Jon.  Initially admitted at Saddleback hospital, the staff quickly realized that Jon’s severe condition warranted more care than their facilities could provide. Jon’s illness had progressed so quickly that only a helicopter could safely transport him to a more properly equipped hospital. Unfortunately, due to the occurrence of strong winds, transport by helicopter was deemed unsafe.  As a result a team from UCLA medical came to Jon at Saddleback and administered a life-saving treatment to stabilize him enough to be safely transported by ambulance to UCLA medical.

We are beyond grateful for the advances in modern medicine that have kept Jon alive while his body tries to heal during this time.He currently remains in critical condition at UCLA medical. Please keep the entire Watson family in your thoughts and prayers for these next critical days, weeks, and possible months.  

In 2005 Jon graduated from the University of Iowa with a B.S. in Engineering.  After graduating he moved to California and started his career at Meggitt Defense as head of their sales department. Driven to challenge himself professionally and further provide for his family, Jon transitioned from engineering, to the business side of commercial aerospace. He currently works at Hartwell Corporation as a Business Unit Manager. In December of 2019 Jon graduated from Pepperdine University earning his MBA. 

In 2009 Jon married the love of his life, Megan who is a full-time stay at home mom caring for their three boys; 7 year old Landon, 6 year old Maddox and 3 year old Wyatt.  

The family is so grateful for the staff at Saddleback Memorial in Laguna Hills California as well as the heroic staff at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical center who continue to work tirelessly on Jons behalf 24 hours a day.

All donations are being sent directly to Megan Watson, his wife, on behalf of Jon. 

In order to allow Megan to fully focus on her family, please direct all well wishes and thoughts to his GoFundMe page or follow Jon’s progress and communicate with her on this caring bridge site.