Late yesterday evening Dad complained of a headache and seemed a bit confused. Mom checked his blood pressure which was elevated. After speaking to a nurse it was decided he should be evaluated. Kirsten and Mom drove him to Amery Hospital where a CT scan was performed and a large brain bleed was detected. He was then air lifted to Region's Hospital in St. Paul.
Report from Doctor this morning is positive saying that the bleeding has stopped. They will continue to assess him on an hourly basis. If there are no further concerns he will most likely be transferred to a regular floor room for the remainder of his stay. Due to the virus restrictions there are absolutely no visitors allowed, including Mom. Very difficult during this time.
We spoke to him this morning on the phone... he sounds good, but still groping for words. They had him up walking the hall and he was sitting comfortably in a chair.
Mom is staying with us in Maplewood, so she is close to the hospital if she is needed.
Thank you in advance for your prayers for Dad/Joe.
Please feel to leave notes in the Well Wishes section. We will relay those to him when time allows.
Our journal entries will written by Peggy, Karren & Kirsten