Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.
On Sunday, Sept 1st Issa was admitted into the ICU at Parkview Regional. A few days prior a wound was identified on his left foot. The wound is believed to have allowed infection to enter his body. He had sepsis which developed into septic shock. He also had kidney failure upon admittance to the ICU. He is in respiratory failure as well. The doctors and staff at Parkview have been quick to respond and provided the best care possible.
On Wednesday, Sept 4th, the doctors told us that they would need to amputate his left leg. When they went into surgery they could not confirm the infection so they took a biopsy. We were told that if the bacteria came back as Strep A, they would need to amputate. They started him on 24/7 kidney dialysis. He is not getting better!
Thursday, Sept 5th. Still no change. Biopsy of the foot came back positive for Strep A so they will be amputating. We also decided to give him a real chance at beating this, he needs a higher level of care. He was transported, by helicopter, to IU Methodist Hopsital in Indianapolis around 7 pm last night.
Friday, Sept 6th...as of 9pm. Still no changes to his organ function. His White Blood count is better but the infection and septic shock are 2 different issues. The septic shock has shut his respiratory and kidneys down. He is still on continual dialysis. Tomorrow they will amputate his left leg. Praying he makes it through the surgery. I will update once we know the surgery time. Thank you to everyone for your support and well wishes❤️