Welcome, dear friends.
We've created this CaringBridge site as an easy way to provide updates on my health journey and allow different avenues of ways you can show your support. I really can't express how much it means to me...even the little things make a huge difference.
After receiving a diagnosis of Stage 4 metastatic breast cancer (both sides) which has spread to several lymph nodes and possibly collar bone, thyroid, and other locations. Near-term next steps involve additional testing and chemotherapy in mid-January. The type is called "invasive lobular carcinoma" and moves quickly through the lymph system. I know the journey ahead will be challenging but have been blessed with the support of a great medical team and friends like you.
From the navigation on this site, you will find a few options:
1. Journal: Personal updates from me.
2. Ways to Help: This section is linked to my GoFundMe page (please share it!), and my direct Venmo address.
3. COMING SOON: Given the upcoming treatment I could really use some help from my local support network. The "Planner" section is a calendar where you can find any non-monetary help requests, whether it's an errand, a visit, or something else. Updates to be posted in the near future.
4. Well Wishes: A free-form section where you can post your messages, which I very much look forward to reading.
5. Tributes: This section allows you to make a donation to the CaringBridge platform. If you'd like to show your support for me, please visit my GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-ginger-become-a-breast-cancer-survivor
Thank you so much for all your support, it means the world to me.