Jun 18, 2019 Latest post:
Dec 14, 2019
MESSAGE FROM THE FAMILY: Hello friend! Thank you for visiting our site dedicated to blessing Georgia in the aftermath of her Anaplastic Astrocytoma (brain cancer) diagnosis. We know she is safely in God's hands and that He has a plan for the remainder of her days. We are all prepared for whatever He has in store for her and yet we are hopeful that God has planned to heal her and are praying for His mighty hand. We encourage you to lift her up in prayer and covet those prayers.
We would like to take a couple of minutes to explain the best ways to show your support. Please look to the Journal entries for updates. Feel free to reply to any entry with any questions and/or words of encouragement. We will be adding to her Gallery as often as each day allows, so please peruse at your convenience. Keep in mind that in order to comment or schedule a visit you must create a Caring Bridge account so we encourage you to do that first. Please make sure to set the time zone under your profile settings to Eastern Time.
Due to the unique effects of brain cancer, we are asking that anyone who would like to visit, please request an available time through the Planner on the Ways to Help page. After choosing an available time slot, click on "Accept Task" and follow instructions. If you need assistance with how to use this, please feel free to contact our "gatekeeper" Diane Henson, Georgia's eldest daughter.
Each visit request will be approved by Diane and is simply based on Georgia's ever-changing needs. Some days allow for greater energy than others, while some days are consumed with appointments and subsequent periods of rest. We don't know what the next few months hold for us or our precious Wife/Mother/Sister/Grandmother/Great-Grandmother/Great-Great-Grandmother/Friend. Thank you so very much in advance for your patience, flexibility, and understanding. We look forward to seeing you!
VISITS You can't go wrong if you approach her as though she has a migraine. To help facilitate that, here are some basic rules of engagement concerning visits for Georgia:
1. Visits are being kept to 15 minutes per hour so that she does not get exhausted. If you are from out of town or have a need to schedule more than one session in a day please contact our gatekeeper.
2. Please try to keep conversations at a slower and quieter pace and try to refrain from cross-talk conversations between visitors.
3. Please refrain from wearing heavy perfume or cologne.
4. Please silence your cell phones and if you must answer, please kindly step outside to do so.
5. Keep in mind that she will be slower to process and answer in conversations so please be patient.
6. Conversations will be tolerated best by her when kept to a single thread at a time.