Evan Morgan Evan Morgan

First post: Sep 24, 2016 Latest post: Oct 27, 2016
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.

Hi Everyone, 
I decided to start this page so I can get the information out to all of you, so, here goes.

Day 1 and 2
Sometime early Wednesday morning Evan fell down the the stairs at his apartment.
I brought him home with me at about 7 am and after watching and worrying about him for many hours we left for the Grafton ER at about 3:30 am.
In Grafton they ran some tests and did a CT scan which showed that Evan had 3 brain bleeds. They said they were going to transport him to the Neuro ICU at Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa.
Jeff and I followed the ambulance there. By the time we figured out where to park and found the family center Evan was already in a room.  They put him in the cardio ICU because the Neuro unit was full.
All the while Evan was awake and able to move but had a lot of pain in his head. For the next several hours they monitored him gave medication  to prevent seizures and watched for signs of swelling. They did a second CT scan around noon and later that day planned to do an MRI. When  they brought Evan back from the MRI they said they weren't able to complete it because he wouldn't stay still and at that point the DR said she didn't  feel it was necessary anyway. The second CT scan didn't look like anything had gotten worse and she thought there was maybe a slight improvement.  Great news, no surgery needed! They had given him Fentanyl to help with the pain and so he could rest but it caused his heart rate to drop, so they discontinued that. After that he could only have Tylenol which didn't help at all. Jeff and I left the hospital around 6 pm after we knew that Evan would have a sitter in the room with him all night. Otherwise Evan likes to try to disconnect wires, blood pressure cuff, the IV, etc. I called later that night and they said Evan was resting.

Day 3
Jeff and I returned this morning to find Evan very restless. The nurses said he got very little sleep. He falls asleep gets a pain in his head and wakes up over and over again. Just typing this brings me to tears. He did get some oxy codone today and at times it seemed to help.
Today they said Evan would be moving out of the ICU and into a regular room, and I just got a call around 8:30pm, that he would be moving to his new room shortly. 5 Northwest Room 12
 The positives are that Evan never lost consciousness and is still able to talk and move. 
He tries regularly to get out of bed but as of yet they dont want him up and around. He recognizes Jeff and I and calls us Mom and Dad, sometimes. He knows his first name most of the time when asked and one time today he told the nurse his last name when asked. He took a small bite of a saltine today and told the nurse it tasted shitty.   Evan's Grandma and Grandpa came to visit today and some of his friends and that went well. Thanks to everyone who is keeping Evan in their thoughts and prayers. 

CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Evan’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register