Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting. On Thursday night Denis was in a small clearing in our woods trying to burn off some old fuel on a small pile of brush. The air was still, and it was very humid, a recipe for disaster. He was standing fifteen feet away from where he started the fire and the gas fumes had filled the clearing. The fumes were ignited and exploded. Denis was burned from his knees down to around his ankles. His crocs saved the top of his feet. Good ole crocs! The burn goes all the way around his legs and his right hand and arm. He also has burns on his left arm. A small patch on his stomach burnt where his shirt started on fire. His face has some battle wounds as well. We quickly got him in the tub with water and ice until we made a plan as to where to bring him. Wrapped in sheets and with ice packs, we brought him to HCMC , where he was eventually admitted to the burn unit.