Courtney Gazetti

First post: Nov 6, 2017 Latest post: Jun 17, 2018

****please note this is not a fundraising page. The donation option on this page does NOT go to us, it goes to the Caringbridge website. If you appreciate the service they are providing, feel free, just know it's not a donation to our family in any way.****

On Friday, November 3rd, I took my wife Courtney to the Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital emergency room. A month long headache, a week long fever, intermittent vision loss, various aches and pains, and several trips to different doctors with concerning blood work but no answers had led us to this point. We sat in the waiting room for a couple hours, both of us wondering as the time crept by if we really needed to be there... Maybe this was just some nasty bug and it would resolve on its own... Finally they called her name and took us into a room. Court went over her list of symptoms with the doctor, they took her vitals (of course at this time her temperature was in the normal range) and proceeded to tell us the same thing all of the other doctors had said: we don't know. We even brought up the possibility of leukemia (Court had a suspicion from doing some research online), to which the doctor said it's pretty unlikely and it's probably a virus that just has to run its course, but that they would run her blood again just to make sure her levels hadn't gotten any worse. At this point, Courtney and I were both very reluctant to have her blood drawn again. Not only would this be the fourth time in 5 days, but it was already almost midnight, and we did not want to stick around for another 2 hours waiting for the results just to have them send us home again. We expressed our concerns to the ER doctor, but he insisted that they run the tests again. Again, we sat and waited. They came in and drew Courtney's blood a couple more times and placed an IV line. Why couldn't they just get us out of there instead of redoing what had been done almost half a dozen times already? Well, at about 2:30 in the morning, the doctor came back in, his face somber. We could tell we were about to get news that he didn't want to have to give. He told us that the most likely explanation for what was happening was leukemia.

Since that day she's been living in a whirlwind of hospital staff, sleep deprivation, incomprehensible medical terminology, and more needle pokes than a person should have to endure in two lifetimes. She has been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic (childhood)  Leukemia, and is facing this challenge with unbelievable grace, a positive outlook, and an extraordinary amount of courage. She's leaning heavily on her faith to guide her through this difficult situation, and has 100% confidence in God to walk with her though it. 

My hope is that you would all take time to say a prayer for her and her healing, and to keep her in your thoughts while she goes through this difficult time in her life. It's also been extremely difficult for her to not be able to be with our son, Jack (who is currently in great hands with my sister/brother in law and Courtney's parents), so please also pray for his protection, peace, and comfort during this time where we have to divert our attention from him to focus on her healing. We will keep this page up to date with any important changes or information. It's also the best place to contact her for words of encouragement or questions. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, God Bless. 

CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Courtney’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register