Bob Carico

First post: 6/24/2017 Latest post: 8/11/2017
On Tuesday June 20, 2017  Bob Carico was in his shop working on a project  drilling steel. To keep the drill bit cool, he used oil in spray form to cool the drill bit. The oil sent a fine spray on his shirt which made it highly flammable. Unfortunately, the shirt was a dark color so he couldn't see the oil that had been deposited on it. The next day  he was using a grinder which sent a spark igniting his sleeve. He was able to put it out, but didn't realize a spark had caught the back of his shirt on fire. Due to this being on his right side, he didn't feel it until he was engulfed in flames.

 Bob was able to stay calm and managed to rip his shirt off. Celeste was on her way home from the store and when she arrived she drove up the driveway to find Bob standing there in shock.  The 911 operator and paramedics were phenomenal. Celeste and Bob feel very grateful for their amazing service. Bob was admitted to the burn center at Legacy Hospital in Portland, OR. 

Please keep Bob &  Celeste in your thoughts and prayers. We'll continue to keep you posted on his progress.

CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Bob’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register
SVG_Icons_Back_To_Top
Top