Join CaringBridge during this most important time of the year. Your support means that we can continue to provide free, secure websites all year long.
6/24/2017 Latest post:
On Tuesday June 20, 2017 Bob Carico was in his shop working on a project drilling steel. To keep the drill bit cool, he used oil in spray form to cool the drill bit. The oil sent a fine spray on his shirt which made it highly flammable. Unfortunately, the shirt was a dark color so he couldn't see the oil that had been deposited on it. The next day he was using a grinder which sent a spark igniting his sleeve. He was able to put it out, but didn't realize a spark had caught the back of his shirt on fire. Due to this being on his right side, he didn't feel it until he was engulfed in flames.
Bob was able to stay calm and managed to rip his shirt off. Celeste was on her way home from the store and when she arrived she drove up the driveway to find Bob standing there in shock. The 911 operator and paramedics were phenomenal. Celeste and Bob feel very grateful for their amazing service. Bob was admitted to the burn center at Legacy Hospital in Portland, OR.
Please keep Bob & Celeste in your thoughts and prayers. We'll continue to keep you posted on his progress.