Jan 10, 2021 Latest post:
Jan 14, 2021
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting. Here is just a bit of background on what lead us up to this point, I went into labor on the evening of Thursday January 7th everything was going great through the night and by 7am I was dilated to 9cm. Unfortunately around 8am I spiked a fever and my doctor worried I had some form of infection, after waiting it out for another hour they had me try to push a few times which led to Bexlie decelerating. They suggested we go straight to OR for a c section since it seemed things weren't going to change any time soon. When she was delivered she needed a lot of attention so the whisked her off to the nursery, the doctor came back into the OR to let us know they were going to transfer her to the NICU in Rochester due to the infections being passed to her and also for possible lack of oxygen during delivery. They decided to have her on cool therapy for 72 hours while they monitored her brain activity for seizures, in a nut shell she has been laying on a cold pad and that will help with brain swelling. Unfortunately on the 9th she had two minor seizures that were detected on the EEG but not seen physically, thankfully they only lasted a minute each. The plan from here is that at 4pm tomorrow the 11th they will start to warm her back up and once she is warmed they will do a MRI. That will most likely happen Tuesday afternoon, the reason for the MRI is to determine if there is any damage to the brain due to the possible lack of oxygen during delivery. Once we have those results we will be able to hopefully make a better plan of care. Bexlie is a fighter and she has been improving day by day which is reassuring, we just ask for prayers that nothing shows on her MRI and she will be able to bust out of the NICU this week.