As some of you may know and some of you may not, Barrett suffers from Epilepsy. Over the past few months, the disease has progressed and cause less and less control over these seizures. After months of tests, appointments, prayers, and conversations, we, along with our AMAZING medical team at VCU Children's Pavilion, have decided to do surgery in hopes of giving Bearman more seizure control. The first of these 2 surgeries will be on November 1st. At this time, a series of internal electrodes will be implanted on Barrett's brain in order to map and get as much information about his seizures as possible. On November 8th, a second surgery will be done. We do not know at this time what exactly will be done but it is our hope they will be able to remove the damaged brain tissue in order to make him seizure free. He will potentially be in the hospital up to 2 weeks at MCV and then a lengthy recovering at home. We are not sure yet of the recovery path as we won't know what is done until the 8th. Our entire family is at peace with this decision and we are all looking forward to hopefully giving Barrett back some control of his circumstances.