Axxal Matthew Stoltenburg Axxal Matthew

First post: Jun 13, 2019 Latest post: Jun 15, 2019
Monday, June 10th, I went into work for a short time in the morning and I had an appointment with the Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic at 12:15 p.m. I was also scheduled to have a B.P.P (Biophysical Profile) for the baby. Typically 8 out of 8 is great, this day my little guy scored a 6 out of 8. This means I needed to be monitored. They hooked me up and his heart rate was good but I was contracting about every minute or so. 

Since his birth was supposed to be a planned C-Section on July 1st, the fact I was possibly going into labor was a bit shocking. I also saw my doctor who explained that if nothing progresses or changes then I could go home after I was monitored for 24 hours. I thought this was fair. In the clinic they gave me a shot of something that would help the baby's lungs to develop faster if he was going to be born. I was admitted and put on the monitor. The contractions subsided and everything looked good. 

At about 4:30 p.m. I had sent Matt back home to get some things for myself since I was just going to be observed. 20 minutes later my doctor had the surgical team assembled and I called Matt who still was in Fergus Falls and let him know the baby was coming tonight. They thought at about 6:00 p.m. I'd have the surgery. Matt grabbed what he could with the help of Alayna and on his way he went. 

However, my doctor checked me at 5:00 pm and I had dilated one full ml in about 2 1/2 hrs. Then I started to have terrible back labor. 

Axxal was born at 6:27 p.m. at 7 lbs 2 oz, and 20 inches long.  Matt arrived in the OR at about 6:34 p.m. he was still able to cut the umbilical cord. 

They showed me Axxal and I barely saw him. I heard him cry and that was a sweet sound. It took him a while to come around and I sent Matt to be with him while I was stitched up. 

I was hoping to get to have Axxal room in with me and that I would get to hold him but that wasn't the case. He was put on oxygen, a C.P.A.P. and a nasal feeding tube. I felt helpless, but trusted God and the doctor and nurses were doing the best for Axxal.