Sep 10, 2020 Latest post:
Sep 22, 2020
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate you support. Approximately August 23rd Art started having some memory issues and trouble walking, we had an appointment set up with his regular doctor but due to COVID it was not set until October. On September 6th at 5:30 pm Art went to the store and we believe he passed out and fell in the parking lot. Some wonderful unknown bystanders called 911 and he was taken to Valley Hospital where they did an MRI among other tests and found a mass on his left shoulder blade and a mass causing increased pressue in his brain. They transferred him to Deaconess that night. The next morning I met with an Oncologist that informed me there was Stage 4 cancer in both of his lungs, his brain, his shoulder and his brain. It is estimated Art has 6-12 months. The immediate need was to remove the pressure off of his brain. They did a biopsy of the mass on his shoulder and we are awaiting those results. Today he under went Gamma knife radiation and a shunt was installed in his brain to release pressure from the brain. He is in ICU tonight for observation only. If the night goes well he will be moved to a regular floor on 9/10. Due to COVID he is only allowed one vistor perv24 hour period, so please DO NOT go to the hospital without reaching out to me first. I can be reached at email@example.com, or through IM via Facebook. For the foreseeable future I will update the sight nightly after 7pm.