Aden Childress

First post: 9/14/2017 Latest post: 16 hours ago
On Labor Day weekend 2017, our family hosted a gathering in our home. A box of preschool toys fell in the mulch off our porch. A button battery was unknowingly lyng in the mulch also. The battery was picked up and put inside the box with the preschool toys without anyone telling us parents. Later the box was brought in and asked to be taken upstairs but instead, the box was put on a nearby cabinet. Our oldest son got the box down and started playing with the toys then little brother joined in. Our precious son was playing and the next thing we knew, he was choking and didn't calm down. We thought Aden swallowed a lego but the ER X-ray showed metal. During the ER visit, our family back at home realized that Aden  must have swallowed the battery that was placed in the preschool box. Our extended family called the hospital immediately and told us that the battery had been put in the box and they couldn't locate the battery.  Turns out the battery had been ingested by our 10 month old. The tragedy was followed with an ambulance  transport along with many tests, procedures and two surgeries along with a feeding tube for Aden. Our praises to the Heavenly Father for sustaining Aden's life.

CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Aden’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register
SVG_Icons_Back_To_Top
Top