Aaron Pouliot

First post: Nov 22, 2021 Latest post: Jun 8, 2022
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.

This is our Covid journey.  On Friday, November 12, after I had confirmed positive with Covid from a test on Thursday November 11, Aaron started experiencing extreme lower back pain.  We believe it was his first Covid symptom. He described it much like flu body aches but it was primarily in his lower back.  We believe that since he works hard every day on the farm, its one of his most used joints, that Covid must be attacking him there.  On Saturday he began with typical sinus congestion and we knew that we'd schedule his Covid  test on Monday.  He took his swab test on Monday, November 15 and was already starting to feel under the weather but was continuing doing normal chores.  By Tuesday, he received the positive Covid results and he received a phone call from a sweet nurse.  It was interesting to me because she seemed to be extra concerned about him taking care of himself because he is a farmer and she wanted to be sure that he was able to take care of himself and knows he is probably worried about the care of his critters.  By Tuesday evening, he was in bed and feeling quite lousy.  I did the evening chores and when I got in I took his temperature and it was 102.3.   The battle of the fever had begun. Tylenol cut his fever a bit, but his fever returned and Tylenol was not seeming to cut it enough  so I would place cold packs on his wrists, washcloth on his forehead, and I offered him to suck on ice chips at one point, he needed to keep hydrated.  Wednesday into Thursday his fever must have broken and he woke in a pool of sweat.  He showered and was back in bed with some towels to finish the night.  By mid morning Thursday we decided to get him seen and we took him to urgent care. When we arrived the nurse said on first sight that he appeared seriously ill and would likely be sending us to ER but they'd bring him in for exam.  While in the exam room, he indicated he was dizzy and fainted.  They rushed in with oxygen and the ambulance was called to transport him to Waconia ER.  With Covid times, I was not able to go in so I waited in the parking lot.  He called me from ER and said they are running tests and to go home to wait.  Around 2pm he called me and said he was ready to go home.  They did a CT scan but nothing was indicated.  The remainder of Thursday was rough and then it blended into Friday and we kept up the exhausting cycle of fever reduction, and pain mitigation for his back. By evening he was begging for help and his oxygen levels were in the 80s and with the advice of his primary care physician, we had him transported to North Memorial, Robbinsdale where he has been since Friday November 19.   A huge shout out to West Hennepin Public Safety, our local police department who was first on the scene with the oxygen, Delano Fire,  and the North Memorial ambulance crew - all were so great to him!

CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Aaron’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register