CaringBridge, the caring social network that keeps families and loved ones connected during any type of health event, is improving existing and providing additional features that will enable CaringBridge to serve more people in more ways and make it easier for people to support their loved ones during times of need.
The nonprofit is providing an enhanced experience and a new level of engagement with updated features like:
• A Planner – an online calendar to help coordinate tasks – incorporated into individual CaringBridge Sites, giving people one location to learn about and offer help to their loved one.
• The ability for visitors to suggest tasks for a loved one’s Planner.
• Pre-created Guestbook messages called CarePosts™ which make it easier for people visiting from a mobile device to quickly leave a caring message.
• Enhanced photo, video and commenting capabilities.
• Private messaging.
• Individual profiles for all users to share information about themselves and easily track the Sites they author and/or visit.
• Responsive design to provide a user-friendly experience across devices.
“We have brought a new level of engagement to our CaringBridge communities while keeping our promise of providing a trusted online environment to share health journeys,” says Sona Mehring, founder and CEO of CaringBridge.
Providing a safe, secure place to share updates and support during a health journey continues to be a key focus for CaringBridge. Personal data is never sold, CaringBridge Sites are free of advertising and a variety of privacy settings are offered.
More than 500,000 people connect through CaringBridge every day. Users have created more than 420,000 CaringBridge sites since the service started in 1997.
CaringBridge is a nonprofit organization offering many ways for people to care for each other during any type of health event. Its mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier. CaringBridge, started in 1997, provides protected online spaces with multiple privacy settings. It is available and accessible to anyone, anywhere at no cost. More than 46 million people visited the site in 2012, and more than half a million people connect through CaringBridge every day.
Get CaringBridge Stories and Ways to Get Involved