Senior Marketing Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To develop and manage strategic plans and marketing team to drive growth and usage of CaringBridge. Responsible for all aspects of the marketing funnel including awareness, trial adoption, retention, and ongoing relationship management
Our Mission is to build bridges of care and communication providing love and support on a health journey. Our Vision is a world where no one goes through a health journey alone. Founded in 1997, CaringBridge is the largest and most widely used social networking site for family and friends to communicate with loved ones during a health journey. Based in Minnesota, we are proud of our global reach and nonprofit status with nearly 90% of our funding coming from the people who have experienced the power of CaringBridge firsthand. Thanks to the compassion and generosity of our donors and volunteers, CaringBridge is able to connect and serve millions of people each year. Since our founding, nearly 800,000 CaringBridge websites have been created and it’s become an indispensable part of many people’s lives. Every 8 minutes, a new CaringBridge website is created for someone experiencing a health crisis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the strategic planning and management of CaringBridge earned and owned channels (email, social media, ecommerce, mobile marketing, and PR) to meet identified business goals.
- Identify strategic customer opportunities and segments and execute strategies and tactics to support marketing awareness, engagement, and retention programs.
- Collaborates across the Mission Advancement team to ensure that the marketing process and programs are delivering qualified leads in support of revenue goals in continuity programs (e.g. ongoing website experience) as well as during appeal campaigns.
- Ensures that marketing programs support product, partnership and content priorities in driving growth and impact for CaringBridge.
- Work in partnership with Creative/ UX team and/or designated partners to formulate creative briefs and ensure campaigns and communications are executed within creative process and Brand guidelines.
- Develops a deep understanding of the customer across a variety of data sources (internal customer database, primary and secondary research, etc.) to drive marketing campaigns, strategy development, product requirements and new approaches to engagement. Offer actionable insights on how that data can help improve overall company performance and customer satisfaction. Stays current on market, competition and trends including tactics, field concepts and practices applying them to strategies when applicable.
- Manages/Supervises support personnel as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee improvement.
- Establishes and sustains interactive relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization and to benchmark practices/results to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Provides fiscal support for the department by providing input for the departmental budget and manages within budget parameters to ensure financial benchmarks are met and proactive course correction is taken when necessary. Develops business case justification to support project prioritization and justification.
- Keeps Manager/Supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
10+ years of experience in consumer or nonprofit digital marketing or position of similar responsibilities.
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Strong understanding of consumer based, digitally driven businesses.
- Enjoys driving innovation in product and process, but backs decisions with data, analytics and testing mindset.
- Nonprofit experience desired.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to bring new website capabilities to market via systems development lifecycle processes like Agile.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications and Google Analytics
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing or related field