DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with CaringBridge.
• Secure major gifts at the $10,000 to $100,000 level, expanding to repeatable and sustainable larger gifts of +$1M multi-year gifts.
• Work with the CEO and Mission Advancement team to secure +6-figure gifts by developing, owning and executing a cross-functional fundraising plan.
• Manage and update data within Salesforce to track and cultivate donors and prospects.
• Manage existing portfolio of 25-50 donors and prospects and identify +50 more donors and prospects.
• Work within the development department to align efforts and set goals on an annual, quarterly, and monthly basis.
• Work with mission advancement team to create materials needed for major gifts campaigns
• Create, implement, and advise on moves management plans.
• Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and CEO with their solicitation. (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
• Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition.
• Track and report progress using defined specific metrics.
• Establishes and sustains interactive relationships with internal contacts and external contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization and to benchmark practices/results to maximize organizational effectiveness.
• Stays current on market, competition and trends including tactics, field concepts and practices applying them to strategies when applicable.
• Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in fund development or related field. MA or CFRE preferred.
• 10+years of nonprofit fundraising experience and an ability to secure major gifts and meet objectives.
• Comfortable using a donor database, prospect research and other wealth screening tools to aid in your moves management process.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
• Honed writing and speaking skills, and able to use them to compel individuals to action.
• Creative thought process, able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainties
• Organized, prepared, detail-oriented and to follow through on promises.
• Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills – interested in mentoring staff to ensure that the greater goal is met.
• Light travel (10-25%) is possible.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
2750 Blue Water Rd. Suite 275
Eagan, MN 55121