Our Mission is to build bridges of care and communication providing love and support on a health journey. Our Vision is a world where no one goes through a health journey alone. Founded in 1997, CaringBridge is the largest and most widely used social networking site for family and friends to communicate with loved ones during a health journey. Based in Minnesota, we are proud of our global reach and nonprofit status with nearly 90% of our funding coming from the people who have experienced the power of CaringBridge firsthand. Thanks to the compassion and generosity of our donors and volunteers, CaringBridge is able to connect and serve millions of people each year. Since our founding, nearly 800,000 CaringBridge websites have been created and it’s become an indispensable part of many people’s lives. Every 8 minutes, a new CaringBridge website is created for someone experiencing a health crisis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees CaringBridge brand strategy and creative direction including user experience, visual look and feel, and voice across all form factors (mobile app, responsive site) and via a variety of creative assets (digital, social media, search engine marketing, email, photos, video, podcasts, voice)
• Collaborates with and supports creative projects for the marketing, fundraising, and product teams in support of CaringBridge goals.
• Creates brand standards, maintains the brand style guide and supports the ongoing improvement of the Design Systems Manager. Works with internal partners to create and maintain brand consistency across all channels of communication.
• Oversees the workflow of our content management system (CMS) and responsible for creative project management. Develops and documents creative calendars.
• Leads overall user experience, concepting, prototyping and task flows in support of user experience and product design.
• Leverages data, research, best practices, and user testing to bring transformative concepts to life.
• Works closely with customer experience, product managers, content, designers and developers to transform our brand’s messages and services into experiences that clarify, engage, and inspire action.
• Manages a talented team of content strategists, designers and agencies in the execution of creative projects which grows the impact and utilization of CaringBridge as well as fundraising. Supervises personnel as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee improvement.
• Establishes and sustains relationships with external vendors and contacts to support the current and future goals of the organization and to benchmark practices/results to maximize organizational effectiveness.
• Provides fiscal support for the department by providing input for the departmental budget and manages within budget parameters to ensure financial benchmarks are met and proactive course correction is taken when necessary.
• Keeps Manager/Supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, communications, user experience design or related field.
• 7-10 years of experience in marketing, creative or position of similar responsibilities.
• 5-7 years of supervisory experience.
• Experience creating and overseeing content and editorial strategy, from inception to implementation.
• Experience in managing consumer-based digital product user experience, creative design, visual design and aligned content.
• Experience working with technology teams to develop software and online experiences, knowledgeable about agile methodologies.
• Excellent strategic planning and ideation skills including campaign development which support creative problem solving.
• Strong leadership, collaboration and teambuilding skills.
• Passion for nonprofit and/or mission driven organizations
• Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
• Ability to cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2750 Blue Water Rd. Suite 275
Eagan, MN 55121