Digital Marketing Specialist
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Digital Marketing Specialist will create and maintain a CaringBridge brand presence with the goal of introducing audiences to the CaringBridge vision: A world where no one goes through a health journey alone. This position will drive awareness and impact via digital strategies and campaigns including paid and organic search, social media and public relations.
Our Mission is to build bridges of care and communication providing love and support on a health journey. Our Vision is a world where no one goes through a health journey alone. Founded in 1997, CaringBridge is the largest and most widely used social networking site for family and friends to communicate with loved ones during a health journey. Based in Minnesota, we are proud of our global reach and nonprofit status with nearly 90% of our funding coming from the people who have experienced the power of CaringBridge firsthand. Thanks to the compassion and generosity of our donors and volunteers, CaringBridge is able to connect and serve millions of people each year. Since our founding, nearly 800,000 CaringBridge websites have been created and it’s become an indispensable part of many people’s lives. Every 8 minutes, a new CaringBridge website is created for someone experiencing a health crisis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes a test, measure, and learn approach to optimize consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness in delivery of brand messages.
- Manages paid search, social and public relations efforts, and provides oversight to external agencies who support these channels.
- Conducts social media audits to ensure best practices are being used.
- Manages several social media profiles (currently Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram), in coordination with broader CX team.
- Coordinates with marketing, product, development and CX teams to create and manage digital marketing campaigns.
- Monitors key marketing metrics to track success.
- Maintains brand consistency (message and visual) across channels of communication and leads brand stewardship with external vendors as needed.
- Establishes and sustains relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization.
- Stays current on market, competition and trends including tactics, field concepts and practices applying them to strategies when applicable.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of digital marketing experience, preferred to have experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience executing paid and organic social media campaigns.
- Excellent program and project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Full understanding of most popular social media platforms.
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of search engine marketing.
- Creative and succinct writer and editor.
- Experience managing agency or vendor relationships.
- Able to pull and analyze campaign performance via Google Analytics and/or other dashboards.
- Helpful: Basic knowledge of content management systems, video and picture editing software such as Adobe