Eagan, MN (CaringBridge Office)
Product Manager – Partnerships
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Product Manager is responsible for ensuring that CaringBridge identifies and creates product partners that will continue to support our business needs. As the PPM, you will need to scope and deliver complex, partnership and business-critical programs end-to-end and drive and shape the overall program’s operational strategy and roadmap.
At CaringBridge, product owners play a pivotal role in bring product concepts to life that benefit the millions of people that rely upon our nonprofit service each year. This position will help us scan the market for new capabilities that may best be delivered through integration versus building the capabilities on our own. Strong communication, collaboration and negotiation skills are required. Ideally, we seek a product owner that has familiarity with SalesForce as we seek to further leverage many of SalesForce intrinsic capabilities in our product solution.
This role requires a unique skill set that balances a passion for building business partnerships within the company while creating scalable operational processes that optimize quality and cost. Strong bias for action, quantitative analysis, and the ability to organize and deliver new initiatives involving leadership across cross-functional operations, software development, business, and external partners is essential.
This position reports to the Product Director. Your work with our team will make a meaningful, personal difference to millions of people all over the world. If you are excited by CB mission and have a strong desire to make an impact, we want to hear from you!
Our Mission is to build bridges of care and communication providing love and support on a health journey. Our Vision is a world where no one goes through a health journey alone. Founded in 1997, CaringBridge is the largest and most widely used social networking site for family and friends to communicate with loved ones during a health journey. Based in Minnesota, we are proud of our global reach and nonprofit status with nearly 90% of our funding coming from the people who have experienced the power of CaringBridge firsthand. Thanks to the compassion and generosity of our donors and volunteers, CaringBridge is able to connect and serve millions of people each year. Since our founding, nearly 800,000 CaringBridge websites have been created and it’s become an indispensable part of many people’s lives. Every 8 minutes, a new CaringBridge website is created for someone experiencing a health crisis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and sustains interactive relationships with external vendors or partners, resulting in advancing product/experience capability improvement to support the current and future goals of the organization.
- Discovery of partner and CaringBridge user needs throughout the lifecycle of our user journey, from the initial engagement to implementation to renewal process.
- Provides relationship management and daily oversight to strategic partners to ensure the smooth ongoing operation and continuous process improvement of the service experience.
- Co-creates and executes plans from inception to release, aligns timelines with dependencies, and manages progress.
- Measures the effectiveness of our partnership experiences, focusing on primary metrics that help move our mission forward.
- Collaborates across the organization from Directors to key functional experts across the organization to lead, support, and influence business initiatives.
- Leads partner interviews and internal stakeholder check-ins.
- Works with other product owners to prioritize and aligns work across the entire product portfolio, to facilitate timely delivery of new capabilities to market.
- Supports the development of new website service offerings and features, determining best approaches and strategies.
- Supports the development, communication and maintenance of the current roadmap and ensures consistency with market requirements.
- Stays current on market, competition and trends including tactics, field concepts and practices, applying them to strategies when applicable.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, management information systems, product management, project management or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in product management, product marketing or position of similar responsibilities in consumer-facing businesses, preferably with technology products; 1-2 years of which was focused on web and/or mobile products.
- Experience strategically defining and/or leading product partnership experiences with an understanding of competitive markets.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, and collaboration skills including the ability to gather, organize, share, and orient multiple groups around an objective.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work collaboratively and lead complex and highly impactful cross-functional projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and existing potential customer contacts.
- Strong self-starter with record of success.
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to cope with the rapid pace and change associated with the industry.
- Understanding of and passion for non-profit organization.
- Experience facilitating cross-functional teams, translating business needs into user experience and/or technical solutions and instilling a strong sense of accountability for delivery of results.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com is preferred.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2750 Blue Water Rd. Suite 275
Eagan, MN 55121