Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: CaringBridge Office
Our Mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier. Our Vision is to be the first place people turn to connect to their community during a health journey. Founded in 1997, CaringBridge is the largest, oldest and most widely used social networking site for family and friends to communicate with loved ones during a health journey. Based in Minnesota, we are proud of our global reach and nonprofit status with 90% of our funding coming from the people who have experienced the power of CaringBridge firsthand. Thanks to the compassion and generosity of our donors and volunteers, CaringBridge is able to connect and serve millions of people each year. Since our founding, more than half a million CaringBridge websites have been created and it’s become an indispensable part of many people’s lives. Every 8 minutes, a new CaringBridge website is created for someone experiencing a health crisis.
In this role, you’ll analyze and help identify system and business process enhancements within the Agile systems development life cycle. Document requirements and test software programs to verify that programs function according to specifications and standards.
Interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their needs.
Elicits and aligns requirements with the strategic product vision from the Product Owner.
Communicates business requirements among key stakeholders.
Documents and analyzes the technical implications of business needs and requirements.
Works with the Product Owner, Director of IT and Scrum Master to define Epics, Stories and acceptance criteria.
Enters Stories into JIRA.
Ensures JIRA Epics, Stories, and acceptance criteria have enough details for the Scrum Team to start execution and delivery.
Responds to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software programs.
Supports the testing of software programs to compare to specifications and documentation.
Identifies, analyzes and documents defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens and content.
Trains business partners on systems and requirements for meeting business and user needs.
Stays current on market, competition and trends including tactics, and field concepts and practices applying them to strategies when applicable.
Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
Backs up the role of the Scrum Master.
Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, technology, or related field required.
* 3-5 years of experience in computer science, technology or position of similar responsibilities. 3+ years of experience in analysis and requirements gathering for web-based software development projects preferred.
* Experience with Agile development methodologies.
* Experience with test planning or building test cases from business requirements.
* Experience with testing methodologies and performance or regression testing software.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
* Ability to create use case and process documentation.
* Ability to serve as an intermediary between technical developers and end users.
* Ability to prepare and facilitate user acceptance testing.
* Strong self-starter with a record of success.
* Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
* Excellent organizational and planning skills.
* Ability to implement and cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
* Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
* Experience with or knowledge of open source technology and Microsoft applications.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2750 Blue Water Road, Suite 275
Eagan, MN 55121
Tips on supporting a friend in tough times through stories, articles, videos and more.