Job Title: Creative Manager
Location: CaringBridge Office
To oversee creative (content and visual design) ensuring representation of the CaringBridge brand and support of the user’s experience and business strategies.
An expert in all things digital and understands how to develop, source and present content in the way that end users consume it. You’ll develop content strategy for informational interfaces, brand messaging, mobile platforms, social media, and advertising campaigns. You’ll work closely with digital strategists, user experience architects, copywriters, designers and developers to transform our brand’s messages and services into experiences that clarify, engage, and inspire action.
CaringBridge is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization offering free personalized websites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during a significant health challenge. Our mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages creative direction for content and design. Determines how to use content and design strategically to reach goals and support users.
- Leads creative strategy for various project teams and business areas to ensure the creative direction reflects the CaringBridge brand.
- Establishes brand standards for all communication channels and service offerings.
- Oversees the workflow of our content management system (CMS)Develop and document editorial calendars
- Works closely with digital & brand strategists, user experience architects, copywriters, designers and developers to transform our brand’s messages and services into experiences that clarify, engage, and inspire action.
- Writes original content and edits content written by others. Design content that is structured and optimized for effective search, publication, and distribution
- Develops content-creation relationships with volunteers and thought leaders to supply content for CaringBridge channels.
- Works with internal partners to create and maintain brand consistency across all channels of communication. Provides key messages for specific target audiences.
- Stays current on market, competition and trends including tactics, field concepts and practices applying them to strategies when applicable.
- Manages/Supervises support personnel as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee improvement.
- Establishes and sustains interactive relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization and to benchmark practices/results to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Provides fiscal support for the department by providing input for the departmental budget and manages within budget parameters to ensure financial benchmarks are met and proactive course correction is taken when necessary.
- Keeps Manager/Supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management.
- Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, communications or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing, creative or position of similar responsibilities.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in writing editorial or content strategy, developing interactive content and blogs and creating and writing content for web.
- Experience creating and overseeing content and editorial strategy, from inception to implementation.
- Experience in managing creative design and aligning content with visual.
- Experience working on technology teams to develop software and online tools, including Agile teams preferred.
- An ability to work on a variety of teams, including creative teams and technology teams with an Agile focus.
- Strong self-starter with a record of success.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
- Ability to cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications and Internet browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari)required.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
- or -
1715 Yankee Doodle Rd. Suite 301
Eagan, MN 55121