Job Title: Brand Strategist
Location: CaringBridge Office
Come be part of a team at CaringBridge charged with driving our brand forward and increasing awareness amongst our target audience. You’ll use a firm understanding of our organization, audience and product to develop and collaboratively execute solutions that allow millions more to benefit from all that CaringBridge has to offer. Your right and left brain will be equally busy as you research, analyze and report insights in combination with developing creative and innovative ways to act on those insights. You’ll then work hand in hand with cross-organization teams and partners to build and bring these ideas to life. You’re a do’er and live to bring strategically sound ideas to life – inspiring millions of individuals to engage with CaringBridge and be a part of impacting people’s lives.
CaringBridge is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization offering free personalized websites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during a significant health challenge. Our mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and executes a strategic marketing plan to reach the organization’s brand awareness goals.
- Participates in the overall creative concept, theme and messaging development for marketing campaigns and Corporate/ home pages.
- Aggregates all pertinent consumer information to develop holistic and effective branding campaigns.
- Provides recommendations and best practices for brand awareness building tactics that assist in achieving the goals of CaringBridge.
- Analyzes traffic, campaign performance and adjusts accordingly using tracking and analytics to ensure right message, right audience, and right time.
- Manages the brand toolkit and guidelines, sharing appropriately with internal teams and external partners to ensure brand cohesion and consistency.
- Develops awareness-driving strategy for blog to ensure the greatest potential of positioning and reach.
- Works with creative, public relations and development teams to ensure CaringBridge is well represented in the market.
- Maintains brand consistency (message and visual) across channels of communication.
- Provides leadership and guidance to other resources as needed.
- Stays current on market, competition and trends including tactics, field concepts and practices applying them to strategies when applicable.
- Establishes and sustains interactive relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization and to benchmark practices/results to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management.
- Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, mass communications or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in digital marketing position of similar responsibilities.
- 3 years experience in developing brand building strategies.
- Ability to identify and act on threats and opportunities within the user generated content space.
- Proven track record of listening and engaging with the online community on behalf of a brand.
- Must be highly creative, a team player, and able to work well at a high pace under tight deadlines.
- Strong self-starter with a record of success.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent understanding of the diverse needs of internet users.
- Ability to implement and cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of web standards. Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
- or -
1715 Yankee Doodle Rd. Suite 301
Eagan, MN 55121