Ken Godfrey's Journal
Written Feb 15, 2012 8:15pm by Beth Godfrey
(written by Ken)
Kathie drove to Mayo on our last trip to Mayo in mid-January for day-long appointments. They want to keep going down this road for now. We got a great deal of snow while we were gone. My neighbor asked if we wanted the driveway blown out, which we said for sure.
Went to see Dr. Politi, a neurologist, last week. He also recommends to not change anything right now.
On 1/20/12 I went for a pentadini treatment which I had a reaction to. It will take at least a month for this to work out of my system. Have difficulty breathing.
Since that time I go once a week for blood tests, Doctors appointments, and infusion.
Next week we will drive to Mayo again. Schedule will be very extensive on the first day. We will finish on the second day and then drive back.
7 am Pulmonary Function w/Dilator
8:20 am Internal Medicine
9:45 am Outpatient Procedure Center - Bone Marrow Collection
12:20 pm Bone Mineral Density Tests
1 pm Neurology
2:45 pm BMT Pharmacy
3:15 pm Transplant Nurse Coordinator
3:45 pm Dr. Hogan
9:45 am Social Worker Consultation
10:45 am Dermatologist
I know this may be hard to follow, but hopefully helps somewhat explain what I am going through.
Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers,
Written Jan 3, 2012 8:00pm by Beth Godfrey
(written by Ken, typed by Beth)
1. Have been having more bad days than good. No energy, buth have not been eating right. Also, can not get far from the bathroom. This made it difficult to travel to and from Wisconsin. Came back on the 26th of December.
2. Can't even do simple messages on email. Made a few calls for those I could remember numbers for.
3. Have to get blood tests Wednesday, January 4th. These tests must be sent to Mayo, Dr. Siemers and Dr. Louma.
4. We have missed church the last two weeks but hope to make it this week.
5. On 1/11/12 we head for Mayo. Start at 7:30 am on the 12th and hopefully finish that day. If weather is good, back home on the 13th. Hopefully they can figure out this medication.
6. On the 18th of January I see Dr. Politi at 9:30 am. He is a neurologist at MGH. Very fine doctor.
7. On January 20th I have a pulmonary test at 3:30 pm.
I hope you all continue to pray and keep me in your thoughts. You are all in mine at least 2 times per day.
Kathie has been very patient. Every night she puts creams on my skin and wraps me up in hot wet wraps. I lay there for an hour and then take a shower. She has also been doing most of the shoveling and snow blowing.
Again, can't say enough about your thoughts and prayers.
God Bless you all,
Quick Update 11/5/2011
Written Dec 5, 2011 5:42pm by Beth Godfrey
(written by Ken, typed by Beth)
I have had some reactions to the Graft versus Host Disease. Started on August 20 and had to go back to Mayo Clinic. Was hospitalized for about three weeks. It affected my taste, eyes, ears, skin (going to a dermatologist today), energy and strength. All this is to be expected but has to be monitored closely.
Blood test has to be sent to Mayo Clinic once per week, which we will do tomorrow (Tuesday).
In mid-November, we made another trip to the Mayo Clinic. We left on Wednesday (11/16). During that stay I was in the hospital for six days and they ran tests for EVERYTHING! They dismissed me about noon on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Kathie drove all the way home - 8 and 1/2 hour drive.
We are going back to the Mayo Clinic on the 12th of December and hopefully this time it will be a shorter stay. Never know.
Right now I feel pretty good. If you want to get a hold of me, call my home phone (906-249-9314). My computer is being fixed, so do not try email.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to us. May the good Lord bless you and provide good health to you.