Katie Grace Groebner's Journal
Missed PH Awareness :(
Written Dec 13, 2012 6:08pmNovember was National PH Awareness month... It was a VERY busy month for us. The end of October brought grams to attend the "Katie's Dream Event".. It was a wonderful time spent with family and friends giving awareness for both PH and Organ transplant needs..
I had several doctors visits as I have been experiencing more S.O.B and chest pains. Part due to decrease in lung function and part to anxiety.
I have been doing a lot of baking with my family and friends... Preparing for Christmas.
My Event was great and raised a lot of money... The first 2 things on my needs list is an oxygen concentrator and pediatric scooter.
We are attaching information abut PH. This year we have lost 3 PHriends to PH we need a cure...
*Increased hospitalization and death rates due to pulmonary hypertension may reflect greater physician awareness of the disease rather than a growing epidemic of pulmonary hypertension.
Pulmonary Hypertension Facts
- Pulmonary hypertension occurs when the blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries, which carry oxygen and blood from the heart to the lungs, is much higher than normal.
- Pulmonary hypertension usually occurs along with another disease or condition, such as pregnancy, heart and blood vessel diseases, lung diseases, liver diseases, sleep apnea, connective tissue diseases such as lupus and scleroderma, thyroid diseases, HIV infection, or use of certain diet medicines or illicit drugs.
- In 2002, pulmonary hypertension led to 15,668 deaths and 260,000 hospital visits in the United States.1
- Pulmonary hypertension can affect men and women of all ages and racial/ethnic groups. However, the majority of people who have this condition are older women.
- Between 2000 and 2002, 807,000 patients were hospitalized with pulmonary hypertension. Of those hospitalized, 61% were women and 66% were aged 65 or older.1
- Prior to 1995, people with pulmonary hypertension lived on average less than 3 years after diagnosis. Now, new treatments have improved survival rates and quality of life for those living with this condition.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension include—
- Frequent tiredness.
- Shortness of breath.
- Chest pain.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Swollen ankles and legs.
- Fluid in the abdomen.
Written Aug 28, 2012 12:34amMy family is the BEST family in the world I have kathy,john,me,savanha,summer,faith,janet,butch,eileen,john,josh,jacob,
on,makla,necolas,jadon,jonathan,dewy,jeff,rondah jammie..angel, dave.
Did I say it was a big family.
Thank you SOOOOOO much for visting me.
Have a nice day.
10 years old
Written Aug 21, 2012 12:04pmHello every one. Yes you heard right, I am NOW 10! It has been a long year for me and my family.. My PH has been on the rise this means more medications 1 is a water pill (blah). We moved into our home 1 year ago, I love my neighbors, I have a veggie garden, and a pool.. This year I lost some one I Love very much to DUMB CANCER, my grandpa Butch and I loved to do many things the best was driving my grandma and older sister crazy ;p but mostly we loved to set at the kitchen table and color we even took or color books camping with us.. I also had a great time with BOTH my grandma's at Disneyland. My meanama rented a scooter and let me and my cousin drive it (and Savanha).. we had a great time. My sister Summer is going to have a baby soon and found out it is a boy. They plan to name him Jonathon (my dad is John).
The other news is Mrs. Donna and her friend Debbie have picked up my C.O.T.A childrens organ transplant association... You can find post for me there too, Plus events they are planing.. It sounds like a lot of fun and my older sister Faith made the design for my fundraising shirts...
I was able to do a lot with my cousins and friends this year the big one was my first time to the Vikings training camp. It is right down from my grandma's house so I went 2x.. My aunt Rhonda gave me one of her old shirts so I was able to get a lot of autographs. My first was Matt Kalilal.. Each one of my cousins spent a night by them selves at my grandmas so we were able to spend time with them alone..
So next week I will be in the 4th grade, and the year is not over yet ;p My Aunt, Uncle, and cousins are coming in November.. I wonder what we can do then..
I pray God has given you a great Summer vacation too.
Don't forget to check out C.O.T.A for Katie Grace for more up dates.