Your donation today will help CaringBridge reach our $1 million goal to ensure no one has to face life’s most difficult journeys alone.



Total Entries: 96
Sort by:
  • update Nov. 11th

    Written Nov 11, 2011 4:14pm

    Hello everyone, I have a little time to let you know what has been happening in the flood house. Jason is doing wonderful, he has been up and walking with a walker, up and down the driveway, he has walked around the inside of the house with the walker and yesterday the therapist had him up the stairs, yes that's right up the stairs, it took him some time, but Jason got there, after he was up they sat a while and Jason got his sea legs back together, then they came back down, Jason was proud of himself, as he should be. This is big, next he said it will be the showers, and guess what, today, OT was here and off to the shower it was, Jason went back up the stairs, and got in the shower, using a shower chair but he was in, alot of ooing and aahing was heard from the bathroom. Also this past week Jason got in and out of his father's truck, used the wheelchair, pulled up next to it, stood with the walker and sat and  then swung his legs in. They went to where else the airport I believe Wed, when it was really nice out,of course I'm working, and feeling very tired, but it feels good to be back at work. I love what I do and love the people I work with. Well next week we need to get some x-rays of this legs and femur again and then the following week we have the ortho, Dr. Ostrum, hopefully  will let Jason bare weight on his entire left foot, we will wait and see.  Well I gues that is all for now, Hope all is well with everyone else.  Take care Love the Floods  xoxox
  • update Nov. 4th

    Written Nov 4, 2011 7:36pm

    Hello! How are you all doing? Well I made it through 1 week of being back to work.  It felt good being back with my second family. I'm tired but  I think is was good. The running back and forth at lunch time to take care of his needs will take a toll I can see that, but I have to do want I have to do.Just to let you know that Jason had seen his Neurologist this past week, we had new scans done and x-rays, she is so happy with his progress. Dr. Woodrow has DC the use of his back brace, that makes Jason very happy.I was unable able to go with Joe to his appointment so our friend Traci, was his second mom, she asked all the questions that I needed to know. ( Thanks Traci ) Jason as we all know did not go to Magee, so we are keeping up with OT and PT at the house. Gordon his PT therapist, is so excited of the progress that Jason has made,  he is able to get himself out of bed and get in the wheelchair or pull himself up on the walker to walk. He has been walking around the house, he also walked down the driveway on Wednesday, with the therapist following him with the wheelchair for him to rest  when he needed to. Jason therapist Jenn has worked with him with balance, arm strength,  also self care. Jason has picked up on his eating, and meds have been lowered.

    Well just a little additional information, The bowling fund raiser that was scheduled for 11/6/2011 never made it to the table so that will not be happening. Sad we were looking forward to it, and to sell his t-shirts.

    Also if any one in intrested in supporting Jason we have T-shirts and wrist bands for sale, just contact Joe  498-2209 (856). 

    Well take care, Love to all Janet & Joe XOXOX
  • Update Oct 29th

    Written Oct 29, 2011 8:05pm

    Hello all ! Sorry it's been so long since I have signed on, things here have been crazy. well let's go back a couple of days, Monday the 24 th Magee called and said they have room for Jason, I asked him if Tuesday would be fine to go in but he was having some friends from out of state coming in for a visit and we still need to get some testing done for Neuo, we have an appointment 11/1 and have to have another cat scan and x-ray. So we set the admission for Wednesday the 26 th. I asked Jason and he agreed. So we were all on the same page. Tuesday came and Jason had a great visit with Wes and Bill. I did some packing for him, clothes that he could move in while having therapy. Wednesday came and we went for the testing we needed done and then Joe tried to go to work for some of the day and Jason rested. Check in was to be at 3pm.
    We loaded everything in to the van included Jason, nervous as all , it was a quiet trip. We pulled up and was to stay in the van and they would come and get us, that never happen, so we unloaded Jason and went
    into the lobby and still no one to help us, the man behind the desk told
    up to go up to the 5th floor, then a woman came out and tried to help us
    and took us up to the floor, she took up to his room, which from this point
    on was unbelievable,,upsetting and just out of control. let's leave at that. Jason was just not going to stay and if we left him he was going to
    signed himself out and take a cab somewhere,It was over 5 hrs and
    things were still not right and we just had had enough, so we packed
    Jason up and brought him home. I was crying knowing that the best
    place for Jason was not an answer to us any more. Jason was relieved to be home as was Joe, I myself was on the fence, knowing I did not like the things that had happen while we were there, and now Jason having cut his chances to get the best care he needed. We all went to bed and in the morning we would have to make lots of calls, but do you know Magee never called us, they must know that what had happen just was not right Now it is Thursday, my 1st day back to work and I am in total knots, not knowing what is going to happen today, Joe was home again, not a good thing, he hasn't worked a full day in a long time. I made all the calls I could, set back up his home care again, until we can figure this out. Off to work,and then back home during my dinner break to cath him,then back to work until 9 pm or so. Then back to work normal on Friday, This day was going to be busy, work, then my nieces wedding, Jason wants to try and go, We went to the church,stopped back home dressed him and headed off to the reception, Jason did very well, I think he enjoyed himself, we did have to leave before the cutting of the cake, Jason was tired of sitting and his boney butt was hurting, so Joe and I packed up and left the kids stayed overnight. Today was a rest day, and hope to put something in place next week. Please pray that things go well, this next week love to all Janet & Joe xoxox

27,068 Visits

7 Tribute Donations

Jason's site is made possible through donations.

Donate now to CaringBridge in tribute to Jason.

Read the Tributes in honor of Jason.

Help a Friend

Do you know someone who needs CaringBridge?