Our "Little Man" James entered the AMC emergency room on 4/12/10 with a very rare strep type A blood infection, of which we had no idea as his pediatrician and first resident to see him said it was just a "stomach virus". He decompensated very quickly once we entered the ER and it became clear he was in kidney failure, he was septic, and was suffering from toxic shock all due to the strep group A entering his blood stream. Normally this bug would only result in a typical "sore" strep throat, however, if it finds it's way into the bloodstream it will wreak havoc. Unfortunately, James' left arm and right leg were amputated due to the damage done by the disease. An MRI revealed he had a stroke to the basal ganglia and suffered hypoxia of the cerebellum. The journey has been very harrowing, trying, & scary for James & his family. We have such a long road ahead of us, and are hoping for a full recovery. Our friends at AMC have been outstanding, most definitely saving his life for which we will always be grateful. James has a long road for recovery but our journey has just begun, please continue to pray for our "Little Man"