Just flew in from Gstaad - so good to be home!
Your latest blog is not boring. It's honest and thought-provoking. You've been through much these last ten months. Apparently, it has given you time to think, reflect, and see the 'big picture.' Life is what you make it, isn't it? As you said "God is as close or as far as a person wants him to be." Think we've all gotten a little closer to Him through your ordeal.
Very simply, Debbie, and responding numerically...
1. You are here. You've beaten cancer! You're not old, now go do the thingsyou want to do. All of them! And, make Bill pay for them!!!
2. It's not morbid that you've planned your funeral. This is what responsible people do. Surely someone will remember your musical request at this time, too. (Now, you have planned a BIG party with plenty of food and booze after the service, right?)
3. Your friends love you with hair, no hair, as a blond, as a brunette, as a redhead, short hair, long hair - even if the back of you neck is covered in (ahem) perspiration. Again, we love you, Q-Tip!
4. You've learned about this disease and its treatments so you may have the chance to minister to another, one day.
5. You are a good friend, Dunlap! As I jokingly related on my first post, "when did you get so many friends?" It is we who are lucky that you are our friend.
6.How does one add to this?! BTW, understand David's engaged.
7. You did marry the right man! Known Bill almost 50 years, Debbie. He's the same great guy he was when we first met in '62. God brought you two together in college to help each other through lifes' trials just like this one. Do we worship an awesome God, or what?!
8. See paragraph 2.
If you feel it no longer appropriate to blog on this site, this is your decision. See you around PCPC and da hood, then. My best to all the D's.