Andreas Knickman's Journal
Written Dec 9, 2013 6:04pm by Roy KnickmanThis afternoon we received word on the nodule removed from Andreas' chest. It was confirmed as Osteosarcoma. Andreas was silent when he heard the news as was I. This means we need to at least consider additional treatments / trials. We will be going down to CHLA to see the oncologist tomorrow afternoon to discuss the possibilities.
Thanks for following Andreas' journey,
Written Dec 6, 2013 1:17am by Roy KnickmanWell the good news just keeps coming.....chest tube was pulled today and tonight Andreas was cleared to go home. His left side is sore and weak, but he was able to get in and out of the car with only a little help. Amazing!!!For now a bit of recuperation at home and then back to school.
We should get results on the pathology Monday or Tuesday. From that we will know what we were dealing with and if anything else needs to be done.
Written Dec 4, 2013 9:11pm by Roy KnickmanToday's surgery a huge success. The result was a best case scenario. The surgeon kept it arthroscopic, got the spot out of his lung and has the lung holding a seal.
Andreas was up and eating by mid afternoon and now 3 hours into his computer, e-mails, YouTube, and yes a little home work.... Pain is starting to be an issue as anyone with a tube stuck in the pleural cavity will attest to, but if all continues to go well he will have the chest tube sealed off tomorrow and removed later in the day. We may even get out before tomorrow night.
That is it for now. Thank you everyone for following Andreas' journey.