Job Title: Web Writer
Category: Marketing and Outreach
Location: CaringBridge Office
Organization SummaryCaringBridge is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization offering free personalized websites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during a significant health challenge. Our mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Writes useful, useable content specifically intended for delivery online and ensure all content conforms to SEO requirements and best practices
- Serves as writer on corporate and business projects.
- Supports all marketing strategies by developing content using a tone and voice that matches the organization’s brand for a wide variety of both online and print executions. (Including; web and mobile content, corporate and program site updates, seasonal campaigns, personal stories, brochures, presentations, outreach materials, direct mail, posters, flyers, letters, etc.)
- Provides web content that supports business objectives and meets user goals by creating persuasive copy that motivates users, clearly states the benefits of the brand, and helps the users understand the value.
- Assists Content Strategist with creation of and updating editorial documents and editing tasks.
- Creates an interface copy and collaborates with design team to execute projects.
- Writes user stories about their CaringBridge experience for use in e-newsletters, website content, blog, testimonials and campaigns.
- Assists with public relations copywriting such as articles, award entries, speaker proposals and presentations as needed.
- Ensures brand stewardship. Works with internal partners to create and maintain brand consistency across all channels of communication. Provides key messages for specific target audiences.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in communications, journalism, marketing or position of similar responsibilities.
- 2-3 years of experience with web content and interface writing. Mobile copywriting and blog writing experience a plus.
- Strong editing capabilities.
- Ability to write effective metadata and optimize content with selected keywords and phrases so that the site ranks well for those terms.
- Strong self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
- or -
1715 Yankee Doodle Rd. Suite 301
Eagan, MN 55121