Senior User Interface Designer
Job Title: Senior User Interface Designer
Location: CaringBridge Office
Organization SummaryCaringBridge is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization offering free personalized websites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during a significant health challenge. Our mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and plans the user interaction, interface and information architecture strategies.
- Champions user needs and continually strives to improve the usability of CaringBridge services.
- Designs interfaces that are both functional and emotive.
- Develops scenarios, task flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and navigation models.
- Communicates design solutions by clearly articulating the pros and cons with detailed evidence and rationale for decisions.
- Collaborates with UX team, business analysts, software engineers, product managers and other departments to create highly usable and emotionally engaging interfaces that meet both the user needs and business goals.
- Provides leadership and guidance to other user interface designers as needed.
- Stays current on best practices, trends and innovative technologies related to user interaction and interface design and information architecture, and make recommendations on how CaringBridge services may be improved.
- Supports and participates in user research and testing of prototypes for projects.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Experience and QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in User Interaction or Interface Design, User Experience Design, Human Factors or related field.
- 5-7 years of interaction or interface design and information architecture experience – mobile experience required. Experience using Axure a plus.
- Strong skills in user-centered design best practices, information architecture and UI documentation techniques.
- Experience working on Agile teams a plus.
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for mobile; experience with web technical constraints a plus.
- Excellent understanding of the diverse needs of mobile users.
- Strong self-starter with a record of success.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and planning skills.
- Ability to cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to facilitate and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
- or -
1715 Yankee Doodle Rd. Suite 301
Eagan, MN 55121