Job Title: Project Manager
Location: CaringBridge Office
is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization offering free personalized websites to
those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during a significant
health challenge. Our mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in
the world, making each health journey easier.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and manages project development from beginning to end while developing best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. Negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company where required. Determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team and other stakeholders, delegating tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel. Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Tracks project milestones and deliverables. Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determines the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas, proactively managing changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devising contingency plans.
- Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle. Conducts project post mortems and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Establishes and sustains interactive relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization and to benchmark practices/results to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Stays current on market, competition and trends including tactics, field concepts and practices applying them to strategies when applicable.
- Provides fiscal support for the department by providing input for the departmental budget and manages within budget parameters to ensure financial benchmarks are met and proactive course correction is taken when necessary.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, technology, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in computer science, technology or position of similar responsibilities. 5 years of IT project management experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of Agile, SCRUM, or related project management experience
- Familiarity with software development methodologies.
- Ability to serve as a intermediary between business owner and vendors.
- Strong self-starter with a record of success.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Thorough knowledge of project management software such as Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
- or -
1715 Yankee Doodle Rd. Suite 301
Eagan, MN 55121