Communications & Graphic Design Intern - Unpaid
Job Title: Communications & Graphic Design Intern - Unpaid
Category: Marketing and Outreach
Location: CaringBridge Office
Organization SummaryCaringBridge is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization offering free personalized websites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during a significant health challenge. Our mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Posts regular updates to online community using multiple CMS platforms (i.e. weekly blog posts, new volunteer opportunities, etc.).
- Uses existing CaringBridge brand assets to generate web and print graphics
- Adopts CaringBridge brand and style guides
- Submits, tracks and follows up on support tickets with website vendors.
- Provides site maintenance/troubleshooting with staff and vendors when needed.
- Supports the design and distribution of monthly volunteer engagement e-communications
- Supports social media campaigns related to volunteer engagement through design, copywriting and/or ideation
- Assists with video editing when needed
- Assists with copywriting for various communications when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Familiarity in online marketing and web communications.
- Significant interest in and familiarity working with popular social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest).
- Knowledge and ability to work with CMS platforms and drive to pickup custom CMS platform skills quickly.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Preferred candidates are pursuing or have recently obtained degree in communications, marketing, social media or design.
- Interest in volunteerism and/or nonprofit work.
- Video experience preferred but not required.
- Experience in HTML/CSS preferred but not required.
- Portfolio and/or examples of work preferred.
Time Commitment: 12-16 hrs/week (flexible schedule), 3 month minimum commitment
Dates Needed: Late January – May (negotiable)
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
- or -
1715 Yankee Doodle Rd. Suite 301
Eagan, MN 55121