Community Engagement Strategist
Job Title: Community Engagement Strategist
Category: Marketing and Outreach
Location: CaringBridge Office
Organization SummaryCaringBridge is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization offering free personalized websites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during a significant health challenge. Our mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes a social media strategy focused on promoting social advocacy and fostering dialogue and existing social media communities with emphasis on content marketing and real-time marketing approach.
- Manages owned social media channels including optimization, growth strategies, engagement strategies, and content. Communities managed include: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and other communities as identified.
- Develops and executes customer loyalty programs that support customer referral and build customer engagement with the organization.
- Establishes lifecycle program for key customer segments, including implementation, testing, and enhanced messaging and targeting efforts across digital channels in partnership with e-communications specialist.
- Leads development of brand supportive, highly sharable creative designed to support social advocacy strategy.
- Analyzes and reports on social media data and adjusts course accordingly to deliver maximum results within owned channels.
- Develops and implements foundational customer mobile strategy including best practices for channel management and optimization.
- Establishes guidelines and policies related to social media and mobile customer marketing channels as needed.
- Follows industry trends in social media, mobile marketing, and referral marketing best practices including channel testing and optimization strategies.
- Ensures high levels of message synchronization throughout communications ecosystem, including online and offline, email and social marketing vehicles in partnership with e-communications specialist.
- Maintains brand consistency (message and visual) across channels of communication.
- Establishes and sustains relationships with external vendors and contacts that result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, mass communications or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing and communications or position of similar responsibilities.
- Proven track record in social media strategy development, with a focus on community building.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing strategy development across digital channels.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing customer loyalty or referral programs.
- Demonstrated experience with marketing segmentation.
- Experience employing A/B testing regimens.
- Experience working with mobile marketing channel with emphasis on non-call formats.
- Experience working with social media management systems: Argyle social, Radian 6, Hootsuite or similar
- Experience working with analytics systems: Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends or similar experience.
- Strong self-starter with a record of success.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent understanding of the diverse needs of internet users.
- Ability to cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
- or -
1715 Yankee Doodle Rd. Suite 301
Eagan, MN 55121